Barry Ackroyd is an Oscar nominated Director of Photography (The Hurt Locker) known for his long collaborative film-making relationship with British auteur director, Ken Loach, as well as his reputation for shooting some of the most provocative films with high profile directors, including Paul Greengrass, Kathryn Bigelow, and Baltazar Kormákur. Ackroyd lensed no fewer than twelve films for Loach, culminating in the Cannes Film Festival Golden Palm-winning The Wind that Shakes the Barley. He began working with director Paul Greengrass on United 93, and followed that with The Green Zone, starring Matt Damon, and most recently the Tom Hanks starrer, Captain Philips, which earned him ASC and BAFTA award nominations this year.
- Congratulations to Carol Spier on her DGC nomination!
- “LOU” arrives on Netflix
- “A JAZZMAN’S BLUES” comes to Netflix tomorrow
- “I USED TO BE FAMOUS” is now on Netflix
- The star-studded film “SEE HOW THEY RUN” comes to theaters this weekend
- “SPEAK NO EVIL” arrives in U.S. theaters
- “LAST LIGHT” premieres today on Peacock
- The 2022 London and Telluride Film Festivals are set to feature the work of several of our talented clients.
- “LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER” finally arrives this weekend
- “THE PATIENT” premieres on Hulu this Tuesday
- “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON” airs on HBO this weekend
- “BAD SISTERS” comes to Apple TV+ tomorrow
- “SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW” smashes her way onto Disney+ tomorrow
- “THE UNDECLARED WAR” comes to U.S. audiences tomorrow.
- “THE SURVIVOR” wins Best Live-Action TV Movie at the Hollywood Critics Association Awards!