Barry Ackroyd is an Oscar nominated Director of Photography (The Hurt Locker) known for his long collaborative film-making relationship with British auteur director, Ken Loach, as well as his reputation for shooting some of the most provocative films with high profile directors, including Paul Greengrass, Kathryn Bigelow, and Baltazar Kormákur. Ackroyd lensed no fewer than twelve films for Loach, culminating in the Cannes Film Festival Golden Palm-winning The Wind that Shakes the Barley. He began working with director Paul Greengrass on United 93, and followed that with The Green Zone, starring Matt Damon, and most recently the Tom Hanks starrer, Captain Philips, which earned him ASC and BAFTA award nominations this year.
- The final season of “MAYANS M.C.” premieres tonight on FX!
- Max Wang’s visual spectacular cinematography gets a special mention by the Flick Connection!
- Angénieux celebrates the career of Barry Ackroyd at the Cannes Film Festival
- Annie Symons’s stellar costumes have been highlighted in “British Vogue”!
- Congratulations to “BAD SISTERS” on its two BAFTA TV awards, including Best Drama Series!
- “LOVE AGAIN” finds it way to theaters this weekend.
- “LOVE & DEATH” starts streaming tomorrow on HBO Max!
- “CARMEN” and “THE TANK” both come to theaters this weekend!
- “THE DIPLOMAT” starts streaming tomorrow on Netflix!
- The World Premiere of “THE MIRACLE CLUB” is set for the Tribeca Film Festival!
- Dan Laustsen discusses his acclaimed filmography with the JV Club Podcast
- “JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 4” blasts into theaters this weekend
- The critically acclaimed series “RAIN DOGS” continues next week on HBO Max!
- “A SPY AMONG FRIENDS” finally arrives in the US!
- “A LITTLE WHITE LIE” comes to theaters this weekend