Barry Ackroyd is an Oscar nominated Director of Photography (The Hurt Locker) known for his long collaborative film-making relationship with British auteur director, Ken Loach, as well as his reputation for shooting some of the most provocative films with high profile directors, including Paul Greengrass, Kathryn Bigelow, and Baltazar Kormákur. Ackroyd lensed no fewer than twelve films for Loach, culminating in the Cannes Film Festival Golden Palm-winning The Wind that Shakes the Barley. He began working with director Paul Greengrass on United 93, and followed that with The Green Zone, starring Matt Damon, and most recently the Tom Hanks starrer, Captain Philips, which earned him ASC and BAFTA award nominations this year.
- We are deeply saddened by the loss of our client and friend, Arv Greywal, a talented and passionate production designer. He will be missed by us all.
- We are thrilled and delighted that the Television Academy awarded Costume Designer Sharen Davis with an Emmy for her brilliant work on the HBO series Watchmen
- Congratulations to our Emmy Nominees Joanna Eatwell, Sharen Davis, and Shay Cunliffe
- Congratulations to Odile Dicks-Mireaux on her BAFTA win!
- Why a Character’s Backstory is Crucial for Costume Designers Like Joanna Eatwell of ‘Carnival Row’
- How John Conroy Frames Supernatural Conflict on Penny Dreadful: City of Angels
- Production Designer Simon Bowles Talks About His Designs for HBO’s Avenue 5
- Congratulations to Canadian Screen Award Nominees Anne Dixon & François Séguin
- Congratulations to our Award Winners, Charles Wood and John Conroy!
- Congratulations to Danish Film Award Winner Louize Nissen!
- Congratulations to British Society of Cinematography Award Nominee Gavin Finney
- Congratulations to Danish Film Award Nominee Louize Nissen
- Congratulations to ASC Awards Nominees P.J. Dillon and John Conroy
- Congratulations to CDG Awards Nominees Sharen Davis, Joanna Eatwell, and Odile Dicks-Mireaux
- Congratulations to ADG Awards Nominees Rick Heinrichs, Charles Wood, and Greg Weimerskirch