Dustin Hoffman’s directorial debut will open the 30th Turin Film Festival, which runs from November 23rd until December 1st. The Turin festival is the pre-eminent independent film event in Italy, and prominently features English language pictures, often from younger directors. The film is a lighthearted comedy centered in a retirement home for aging musicians, named Beecham House. Each year the house holds a concert to celebrate composer Giuseppe Verdi’s birthday, but their latest money-spinning event is thrown into jeopardy when Reg’s (Tom Courtenay) ex-wife Jean Horton (Maggie Smith) comes to live at Beecham. The film also features Pauline Collins, Bill Gambon and Billy Connolly.
- “NIGHT SKY” premieres on Amazon tomorrow!
- “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” comes to theaters this weekend!
- “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” premieres today on Paramount+!
- “The Survivor” premieres on HBO tonight!
- “A Very British Scandal” comes to U.S. screens this Friday!
- “THE DUKE” finally arrives in U.S. theaters this weekend!
- Don’t miss the Season 4 premiere of “MAYANS M.C.”, now streaming!
- “The Contractor” comes to theaters tomorrow night!
- “Umma” is in theaters now!
- “Alice” comes to theaters this weekend!
- “The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey” premieres today on Apple TV+!
- “Killing Eve” returns this weekend
- “I’ll Find You” arrives in theaters tomorrow!
- “Severance” premieres on Apple TV+ today
- Watch “State of the Union”, available now on Sundance TV