Dustin Hoffman’s directorial debut will open the 30th Turin Film Festival, which runs from November 23rd until December 1st. The Turin festival is the pre-eminent independent film event in Italy, and prominently features English language pictures, often from younger directors. The film is a lighthearted comedy centered in a retirement home for aging musicians, named Beecham House. Each year the house holds a concert to celebrate composer Giuseppe Verdi’s birthday, but their latest money-spinning event is thrown into jeopardy when Reg’s (Tom Courtenay) ex-wife Jean Horton (Maggie Smith) comes to live at Beecham. The film also features Pauline Collins, Bill Gambon and Billy Connolly.
- We are deeply saddened by the loss of our client and friend, Arv Greywal, a talented and passionate production designer. He will be missed by us all.
- We are thrilled and delighted that the Television Academy awarded Costume Designer Sharen Davis with an Emmy for her brilliant work on the HBO series Watchmen
- Congratulations to our Emmy Nominees Joanna Eatwell, Sharen Davis, and Shay Cunliffe
- Congratulations to Odile Dicks-Mireaux on her BAFTA win!
- Why a Character’s Backstory is Crucial for Costume Designers Like Joanna Eatwell of ‘Carnival Row’
- How John Conroy Frames Supernatural Conflict on Penny Dreadful: City of Angels
- Production Designer Simon Bowles Talks About His Designs for HBO’s Avenue 5
- Congratulations to Canadian Screen Award Nominees Anne Dixon & François Séguin
- Congratulations to our Award Winners, Charles Wood and John Conroy!
- Congratulations to Danish Film Award Winner Louize Nissen!
- Congratulations to British Society of Cinematography Award Nominee Gavin Finney
- Congratulations to Danish Film Award Nominee Louize Nissen
- Congratulations to ASC Awards Nominees P.J. Dillon and John Conroy
- Congratulations to CDG Awards Nominees Sharen Davis, Joanna Eatwell, and Odile Dicks-Mireaux
- Congratulations to ADG Awards Nominees Rick Heinrichs, Charles Wood, and Greg Weimerskirch