Dustin Hoffman’s directorial debut will open the 30th Turin Film Festival, which runs from November 23rd until December 1st. The Turin festival is the pre-eminent independent film event in Italy, and prominently features English language pictures, often from younger directors. The film is a lighthearted comedy centered in a retirement home for aging musicians, named Beecham House. Each year the house holds a concert to celebrate composer Giuseppe Verdi’s birthday, but their latest money-spinning event is thrown into jeopardy when Reg’s (Tom Courtenay) ex-wife Jean Horton (Maggie Smith) comes to live at Beecham. The film also features Pauline Collins, Bill Gambon and Billy Connolly.
- Congratulations to Carol Spier on her DGC nomination!
- “LOU” arrives on Netflix
- “A JAZZMAN’S BLUES” comes to Netflix tomorrow
- “I USED TO BE FAMOUS” is now on Netflix
- The star-studded film “SEE HOW THEY RUN” comes to theaters this weekend
- “SPEAK NO EVIL” arrives in U.S. theaters
- “LAST LIGHT” premieres today on Peacock
- The 2022 London and Telluride Film Festivals are set to feature the work of several of our talented clients.
- “LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER” finally arrives this weekend
- “THE PATIENT” premieres on Hulu this Tuesday
- “HOUSE OF THE DRAGON” airs on HBO this weekend
- “BAD SISTERS” comes to Apple TV+ tomorrow
- “SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW” smashes her way onto Disney+ tomorrow
- “THE UNDECLARED WAR” comes to U.S. audiences tomorrow.
- “THE SURVIVOR” wins Best Live-Action TV Movie at the Hollywood Critics Association Awards!